If you’re simply joining us, make certain to read this which defines the life bike of the flea and also how to store your pet flea free. The really deserve to seem impossible to eliminate fleas when they are on your pets and in the house. Fleas room very good at reproducing! in ~ 24 hrs of a flea’s very first meal it deserve to lay approximately 50 eggs, which is same to its body weight. So, also if you only see 1 flea on your pet, in a quick time that flea deserve to turn right into 50, then those 50 every lay 50 eggs and also so on… You have the right to see exactly how easy that is to have actually a flea problem in her house and how rapid it can get out of control! The pure best means to stop this indigenous happening is come have all of your pets protected with a safe and also effective flea preventative. If you not certain which one to usage for your pet, we can help you figure that out.

You are watching: Is palmolive dish soap safe for cats

So what perform you do once you’re sitting at home at 9:00 pm and also you realize that your pet has actually fleas and also now they are in the house? Most people turn to the net for advice (now hopefully you will do it visit our blog). The best flea legend on the net right currently is that a details brand of dish soap will kill fleas on your pet. Ns hear this explain multiple time a week and also I always reply through this same answer come I wanted to re-superstructure it with you right here today.

In every fairness, I will admit that a bath through dish soap would likely remove any type of fleas the are at this time on her pet. I doubt any an excellent and thorough bathtub would perform that however. Unfortunately, there room two large problems through the dish soap technique of flea treatment.

IT IS no SAFE FOR her PET. Dish soap will certainly dry out your pet’s skin. Dish soap is very great at degreasing and also removing oil from the skin. Pet have fur to protect their skin, therefore they naturally have less oil on your skin because that protection. People actually have much an ext oily skin than pets. Imagine just how dry her skin would certainly be if you take it a bath with dish soap. Because it dries the end your pet’s skin and also removes the skin’s organic defenses (oil), bathing in dish soap often leads come a skin infection. Skin epidemic in pets can be very itchy and also painful. This might require a visit to her veterinarian for tests and possibly antibiotic treatment. So, the money you saved by making use of an cheap dish soap may end up costly you more in the end.

*

IT IS no EFFECTIVE. As ns said, food soap (or any type of shampoo) will likely remove any type of fleas that room on her pet at the time of the bath. The difficulty here is that adult fleas (what we see on her pet) are only 5% that the flea populace in her house. The other 95% is in the environment (carpet, bedding, furniture) together eggs, larvae, and pupae. You deserve to review the flea life cycle here for much more information. This means that the food soap won’t carry out anything because that 95% of the flea population in her house. It’s difficult to acquire ahead that fleas through baths. This is likewise true for “flea baths.”

The best way to get rid of fleas is to usage a safe and also effective flea preventative from your veterinarian on EVERY pets in the house and outside for AT least 3 MONTHS.

See more: 270 Is What Percent Of 90 - Solved: 270 Is 90 Percent Of What Number

It is much much easier to prevent fleas and keep them the end of your house by protecting her pets EVERY MONTH every YEAR LONG. Contact us this particular day to gain your pet protected!