Style Switcher: Pick style...Butterfree Celebi Modern DewgongAxe-MurdererDialga Scyther Shiny NinetalesNidoking MewHellfire Spectrum Articuno Torkoal
Honey Trees

One of the many annoying attributes of Diamond, Pearl and also Platinum are the various golden, sweet-smelling trees scattered roughly the region, which can be slathered with Honey in stimulate to tempt a Pokémon six hrs later. But how execute they work and also how do you use them efficiently?

The Trees

There are 21 honey trees in the game, located on courses 205-215 (with one on every side of routes 205, 210 and also 212), 218, 221 and also 222, as well as in Floaroma Meadow, sink Windworks, Fuego Ironworks and also Eterna Forest. They room a peculiar gold color, and if you examine them with the A button, you will certainly be told the "There is a sweet scent in the air..." If you have actually the items Honey, you will then be offered the option to slather the bark of the tree with honey. The honey item is discovered in miscellaneous locations about Sinnoh, however it can also be picked up after fight with a Combee"s honey Gather ability, and also a male on the left side of Floaroma meadow will market it come you because that P100. In Diamond and also Pearl, you can only buy one at a time, yet in Platinum you have a an option of purchase one or ten, which saves a the majority of time.

You are watching: How to get munchlax in platinum

After you have slathered a tree once, the is feasible to slather the exact same tree with much more Honey, however this go not affect anything; the second slathering simply overrides the first. After 6 to twenty-four hours of real time (not gameplay time), you deserve to then go back to the tree to uncover it shaking; if you then examine the tree through A, you will certainly be sent into battle with one of several feasible Pokémon, most of which can not be found anywhere else in the games.

What the video game doesn"t tell you is the the trees are split into 2 types, regular trees and also Munchlax trees. Munchlax trees produce rarer Pokémon much more often than typical trees as well as having a chance to produce Munchlax, which common trees carry out not have. Only three or 4 of the 21 love husband trees in the game are Munchlax trees, and also which ones castle are depends on her trainer identifier number and also the hidden "secret ID", both of which are set at the start of the game. Over there are virtually always 4 Munchlax trees, but due to a pest in the means that the video game tries come ensure it picks four different trees, there is a small chance (about 0.93%) that two of the 4 designated Munchlax trees will certainly actually be the same, resulting in there effectively only gift three.

While your secret ID can"t be seen throughout normal gameplay and thus the trees that count on that space most likely going to need to remain a secret to you, your regular trainer ID deserve to be seen easily on your trainer card, and that should give you 2 of your Munchlax trees, i m sorry is plenty. To uncover them, very first take your trainer identifier number and divide it by 256; one of your trees will certainly be determined by the result (rounded down), if the various other will be identified by the remainder. For each that them, division the outcome by 21 and also look increase the tree corresponding to the remainder in the perform of love husband tree locations listed below (the number in parentheses alongside the ar of every tree). Alternatively, just enter your trainer ID into this calculator and also it will certainly tell you your trees:

Trainer id number: get my Munchlax trees!

Barring the normal/Munchlax tree distinction, the trees space functionally completely interchangeable; if you check out something about, say, the Floaroma meadow or valley Windworks tree being special, the is only true if those occur to it is in Munchlax tree on her game.

Honey Tree Locations

Route 205, Floaroma city side (0)Head appropriate from Floaroma Town till you get to the bridge. Walk up it and the tree is simply on the left.Route 205, Eterna City next (1)Fly to Eterna City and head left. Rather of going end the bridge, walk up as soon as you obtain near the lake, and the honey tree will certainly be there, v a convenient grassless route leading as much as it.Route 206 (2)Requires Cut. fly to Oreburgh City and head up onto course 207. Obtain on your Bicycle, get in the pit ~ above the right and then increase the mudslide. Head directly up until you gain to course 206 and also go down the very first set the stairs, then appropriate to wherein the Cuttable bushes are. Reduced the left one and then simply cycle straight upwards; you"ll end up at the tree. Regrettably you"ll need to go through numerous grass tiles ~ above the way, running the danger of encountering wild Pokémon.Route 207 (3)Fly to Oreburgh City and also head up onto route 207. Gain on her Bicycle, go into the pit ~ above the right and also then up the mudslide. If you save going increase a bit, the tree will be simply on your appropriate by the mountainside.Route 208 (4)Fly to Hearthome City. Go out through the west leave onto course 208 and then go down around the grass; there is a neat grassless course leading right to the tree.Route 209 (5)Fly to Solaceon Town. Head under from the town, down the mudslide right into the very first pit ~ above your method and increase from that again, previous the next pit on her left, and then rotate left. The tree will be simply there.Route 210, Solaceon city side (6)Fly to Solaceon Town. Head upwards top top the "breeding route", rotate right as soon as you"re previous all the extra-tall grass, and turn down into the convenient space in the grass by the edge of the forest on the right. The tree is down in the gap.Route 210, Celestic city side (7)Fly come Solaceon Town. Head straight upwards ~ above the "breeding route" and up v the void in the trees at the top, every the way until you gain to the extra-tall grass. Gain off her bike and run straight up with all the grass, climate head on up till you acquire into the misty part of the route. Go right there, wherein the black color Belt is, and also walk a little farther up to discover the love husband tree.Route 211 (8)Fly to Celestic Town and also go the end the left leave onto route 211. The tree is in the grass job (no convenient grassless path up to it this time) by the mountainside above.Route 212, Hearthome City next (9)Fly to Hearthome City and also take the southern exit. If you keep left after ~ exiting the gatehouse, the love husband tree is in the very first pocket of non-forest there on the left.Route 212, Pastoria City next (10)Fly to Pastoria City and head west right into the marsh. Once you obtain to the grass, go left through where there are only two tiles that grass, walk one tile into the bog, and also then follow the right edge of the muddy area up all the way until you get to the tree; this will obtain you right to the honey tree without getting stuck in the bog at all. Top top Platinum you deserve to take some shortcuts, but since they room visible together lighter tiles, I"ll leave you to figure that out.Route 213 (11)Requires absent Smash. fly to Pastoria City and also head out the east exit of the city. Head straight right from the gatehouse, through the grass, and then go under onto the beach. Walk left just over Dr. Footstep"s house and smash the rock in the narrow route there. Then simply go ~ above left and the tree will be there.Route 214 (12)Fly come Veilstone City and go under onto route 214. Head under the path whichever way you like, but when you"re about to get to the leave to Valor Lakefront, obtain into the grass top top the left, walk a small down and then best to get to the tree.Route 215 (13)Fly to Solaceon Town. Get on her bike and also head increase the "breeding route", climate head right onto course 215. Walk up the an initial stairs, increase the bridge there, down the stairs, and then up. The tree will certainly be there.Route 218 (14)Fly come Canalave City. Take it the right leave out the town and also head straight right from the gatehouse. You"ll go right past the tree.Route 221 (15)Fly come Pal Park. Go down the small stairs and then head right leftwards till you get to the tree over you.Route 222 (16)Fly come Sunyshore City. Go out the west exit and then go right up indigenous the gatehouse to discover the tree.Valley Windworks (17)Head straight appropriate from Floaroma Town till you obtain to the cliffside. The honey tree will be just a bit above you.Eterna forest (18)Requires Cut. paris to Eterna City and also head west out of town. Go over the bridge, yet then proceed straight left rather of following the route upwards to where you would certainly ordinarily think you"re claimed to enter Eterna Forest. Go down; there will be 2 Cuttable bushes in her way. Cut one that them and continue top top the narrow mountain pass the leads downwards till you deserve to go down right into the forest again. The roadway there will fork, v a row of tree separating an top path and a reduced path i m sorry both lead west; take it the lower one and you will reach the honey tree wherein the route turns down.Fuego Ironworks (19)Requires Surf. There space three methods to obtain to this tree. My preferred one is come slather it simply after slathering the Eterna forest tree; monitor the instructions to acquire to that tree, head downwards indigenous there, reduced one that the Cuttable bushes in your way, and head ~ above downwards onto route 205. Walk down past the house and then down the stairs top top the right there. Head ~ above down and also jump off the ledge, then revolve left under the leg there and Surf right into the water, complying with the flow upwards indigenous there till you obtain to Fuego Ironworks, wherein the love husband tree is right close to the financial institution where you obtain off. This has the benefit of no requiring any kind of walking through grass, though of course you can encounter part wild Pokémon on the short swim upstream. Alternatively, however, girlfriend can likewise simply head right from Floaroma Town and also Surf right into the river over pretty much as quickly as you can, or you deserve to run up the leg there, walk up v the grass on her left, again down the stairway just above to the right, up with the grass above you come the right, and also then Surf right into the water a bit above when you"ve unable to do under the bridge. The all relies on how the opportunity of encountering wild Pokémon weighs in for you contrasted to just how long and also twisted the actual route to the tree is.Floaroma meadow (20)Fly to Floaroma Town and enter the meadow in the northwest corner of the town. Monitor the small flowerless route up previous the male who sells girlfriend Honey and also then east. The love husband tree is right next to the house where the route ends.

Honey Tree Pokémon

The Pokémon found on honey trees room the following, all found at a arbitrarily level between 5 and also 15 inclusive:

WurmpleSilcoon (Diamond only)Cascoon (Pearl only)CombeeBurmyCherubiAipomHeracrossMunchlax

But in spite of what some websites would have actually you believe, it"s not as basic as that. The method honey trees work-related is that there are three "columns" and six "rows" of love husband tree Pokémon for each game:

Diamond/PearlPlatinumRarityColumn 1Column 2Column 3Column 1Column 2Column 340%20%20%10%5%5%
WurmpleCombeeMunchlaxCombeeBurmyMunchlax
Silcoon/CascoonBurmyMunchlaxWurmpleCherubiMunchlax
CombeeCherubiMunchlaxBurmyCombeeMunchlax
BurmyAipomMunchlaxCherubiAipomMunchlax
CherubiHeracrossMunchlaxAipomAipomMunchlax
AipomWurmpleMunchlaxAipomHeracrossMunchlax

If the tree is a typical tree, there is a 70% chance that the Pokémon come be discovered will be choose from tower 1, a 20% possibility that it will be choose from column 2, and a 10% opportunity that no Pokémon will be found at all. If the tree is a Munchlax tree, there is a 20% chance that the Pokémon will be picked from shaft 1, a 70% opportunity that it will be picked from pillar 2, a 1% possibility that it will certainly be picked from tower 3 (which obviously means that it will inevitably it is in a Munchlax), and a 9% possibility that no Pokémon will certainly be discovered at all. The row the Pokémon will certainly come indigenous is likewise determined randomly, in accordance through the rarity percentages noted in the above table.

The an outcome is basically the following all at once rarities for the individual Pokémon:

Diamond/PearlPlatinumPokémonNormal treeMunchlax treeNormal treeMunchlax treeWurmpleSilcoon/CascoonCombeeBurmyCherubiAipomHeracrossMunchlaxNo Pokémon
29%11.5%14%4%
14%4%0%0%
22%32%32%22%
11%16%22%32%
7.5%15%11%16%
5.5%8%10%12.5%
1%3.5%1%3.5%
0%1%0%1%
10%9%10%9%

Naturally, if you don"t recognize whether the tree girlfriend are at this time slathering is a Munchlax tree, girlfriend will need to approximate the yes, really percentage chance of finding each Pokémon in any type of given tree together being somewhere in between, if considerably closer come the value for regular trees, depending upon how plenty of Munchlax tree you don"t recognize of.

However, this is still no the full story, due to the fact that in fact, if girlfriend slather a tree automatically after fighting a Pokémon in that very same tree (or in truth at any allude after fighting a Pokémon in that exact same tree if you have actually not fought Pokémon native or slathered any other trees in between), the tree will have a 90% opportunity of picking a Pokémon native the same pillar as before. In the other 10% the cases, the column will be identified randomly. Note that this just goes because that the pillar - it will certainly still randomly create a row similar to normal. What this way is the if girlfriend do take place to gain a Munchlax on a tree and also slather the tree instantly afterwards, friend will have a 90% chance (90.1%, in fact, due to the fact that it might additionally randomly land on tower 3) of getting an additional Munchlax to appear! it also way that if you are playing D/P and you just discovered a Silcoon or Cascoon, or if you space playing Platinum and also just discovered a Wurmple, go slather some various other tree an initial if you were hoping to gain a Heracross indigenous this one.

Mechanics

When you slather a love husband tree, a value X is randomly created in accordance v the pillar percentages questioned above: if you"re slathering a new normal tree, X has actually a 10% opportunity of being 0, a 70% possibility of gift 1 and also a 20% chance of gift 2; if you"re slathering a new Munchlax tree, X has actually a 9% opportunity of gift 0, a 20% possibility of gift 1, a 70% possibility of gift 2 and a 1% possibility of being 3; and if you"re slathering the last tree you battled a Pokémon from there is no slathering any kind of other tree in between, the will have actually a 90% opportunity of acquisition the same value together it did last time and a 10% chance of being identified as if you were slathering a brand-new tree the the same type.

Now, if X is 0, the tree will not attract any Pokémon; otherwise, the Pokémon that appears will be chosen from the pillar denoted through X. If a Pokémon is come appear, another random number between 0 and also 99 is generated, yielding the Pokémon from a randomly selected row of that tower with the odds listed in the very first table over (40% possibility of the an initial Pokémon in the column, 20% opportunity of the second, 20% chance of the third, 10% chance of the fourth, 5% possibility of the fifth and 5% chance of the sixth). Finally, yet an additional random number between 0 and 99 is generated in order to determine the so-called shake value, i beg your pardon determines just how much the tree need to shake as soon as the Pokémon shows up in the tree: if X is 1, the shiver value has a 20% possibility of gift 0, a 59% chance of being 1, a 20% chance of gift 2, and a 1% opportunity of gift 3; if X is 2, the shiver value has a 1% opportunity of gift 0, a 20% possibility of gift 1, a 75% possibility of gift 2, and a 4% possibility of gift 3; and also if X is 3, the shake value has actually a 1% opportunity of gift 0, a 1% opportunity of being 1, a 5% possibility of gift 2, and a 93% opportunity of being 3. This is every stored.

There is one more important thing to keep in mind at this point. The decision of the column, Pokémon and shake worth is all happening when friend slather the tree. This means that if you save the game before checking a honey tree, restarting will certainly not change what Pokémon shows up or how much that shakes - over there is no method to just reset till the Pokémon in the tree is a Heracross or Munchlax. On the upper and lower reversal side, it also means that if X is 0 - the is, if no Pokémon shows up - the game knows that appropriate away, and by merely checking the tree again, you deserve to make certain you"re no waiting six hrs for nothing: if it states "The bark is slathered with Honey...", an really Pokémon has been generated and is waiting to show up in 6 hours, yet if it says "There is a sweet odor in the air..." as with before girlfriend slathered the tree in the very first place, it means that X is 0 and also no Pokémon is going to appear. Then there is nothing protecting against you from merely slathering the tree again and also rechecking it until it does say "The bark is slathered v Honey...", thus guaranteeing you an actual Pokémon once you return to examine the tree in 6 hours.

A countdown timer, initialized in ~ 23 hours and also 59 minutes, is also started when you slather the tree. When this timer reaches 17 hours and 59 minutes - six hours after slathering the tree, the is - the tree will be prepared to let girlfriend encounter her Pokémon and also begin to shake (or not) in accordance v the shake value: a shake worth of 0 method the tree will not shake in ~ all, a shake worth of 1 way it will shake a little, a shake value of 2 way it will swing emphatically earlier and forth, and also the rare shake worth of 3 method it will certainly shake particularly fast. Basically, what this way is that the strongness of the shower is on median proportional come the rarity of the Pokémon in the tree: obelisk 1 Pokémon are the many common and also most frequently take top top a shake value of 1, column 2 Pokémon are rather rarer and usually take on a shake value of 2, and Munchlax, the rarest that all, will virtually always result in a shake value of 3. Nonetheless, this is no a trustworthy indicator of anything: statistically, that is lot liklier the a tree that"s shaking rapid simply has a column 1 or 2 Pokémon but happened to create an unlikely shake value than that it"s a Munchlax.

When the timer will zero, you"ve missed her chance: the Pokémon disappears, the tree stops shaking, and the honey you slathered it v is gone. Assuming, however, the you inspect the tree while that is shaking, the video game will create the level, IVs and personality worth (the worth that determines things choose gender, nature and Wurmple"s future evolution) because that the Pokémon and lets you battle it. In various other words, these worths will be regenerated if you save in former of the tree and also restart, allowing you to save and reset because that a mrs Combee or a certain gender that Burmy, for instance, noted the tree has a Combee or Burmy.

Strategy

To obtain the Pokémon you desire from honey trees, that is finest to slather all her trees at once. This deserve to be managed relatively easily within the space of ten to fifteen minute if you"re acquainted with the locations of the trees, use the bike and save time by slathering close tree in the same expedition without Flying, even allowing for occasional quick wild Pokémon encounters and also checking to make certain each tree is getting a Pokémon and reslathering wherein needed. I imply taking the complying with trips, in any order:

Fly come Eterna City, walk west and slather the Route 205 Eterna City side tree, walk on from there to the Eterna Forest tree, from there head mine preferred means to the Fuego Ironworks tree, Surf right over the river and also enter the north finish of Floaroma Meadow to gain to its tree, departure the meadow right into Floaroma Town and also head straight east from the city and also slather the Route 205 Floaroma town side tree top top the method before heading on eastern to the Valley Windworks tree.Fly to Oreburgh City, walk north onto course 207, acquire on her bike and go increase the mudslide from the pit, slather the Route 207 tree through the mountainside above, and then walk on phibìc to the Route 206 tree.Fly come Hearthome City, take it the west exit to slather the Route 208 tree, go ago into the city and also then under the south exit to the Route 212 Hearthome City side tree, head back up and also go on right through the east exit until you obtain to the Route 209 tree, climate head ~ above up with Solaceon town, go west to the Route 210 Solaceon city side tree, climate a little bit on west onto Route 215 because that its tree, and also finally back east onto path 210 to head phibìc to wherein the Route 210 Celestic town side tree is.Fly to Celestic Town and go west to the Route 211 tree.Fly to Pastoria City, walk west into the marsh for the Route 212 Pastoria City side tree, climate go earlier through the town and out the east exit come head to the Route 213 tree.Fly come Veilstone City and go under to the Route 214 tree.Fly come Canalave City and also go east to the Route 218 tree.Fly to Pal Park and run west to slather the Route 221 tree.Fly to Sunyshore City and also slather the Route 222 tree just external the west exit.

Always remember to check every tree ~ slathering it come make certain there"s a Pokémon in it. Nothing is an ext annoying 보다 waiting six hrs only to uncover the tree was never ever going to have a Pokémon in the first place.

When checking the trees six hrs later, make a comparable trip; be certain to have actually a Pokémon with plenty the PP in attack moves to conserve you the problem of going to the Pokémon center in between, since most of what you uncover will it is in the exact same old Wurmple or Combee the you"ll have caught currently and you"ll want to dispose that them easily to conserve time. Note, however, the you have to not slather each tree immediately after that unless you are absolutely details that the Pokémon you just battled in it came from the column you want, many thanks to the 90% opportunity of sticking with the same column; otherwise her trees could end up stuck with the not correct one. Even though the wastes time, you"re better off do two separate round trips, one come check and also fight the Pokémon in every the trees, and also then another to slather them every afterwards. This additionally has the benefit of no wasting your time reslathering fifty percent of your trees only to uncover that the next one ended up obtaining you the last Pokémon you desire so the you won"t actually need to slather any more trees.

It deserve to be surprisingly advantageous to compose down somewhere what Pokémon you get from every tree, due to the fact that it will take it you a if to gain at least Munchlax and Heracross, and it is enormously useful if girlfriend can begin to suspect several of your trees of being Munchlax tree (which have actually a far better chance of getting you both that these most elusive the the honey tree Pokémon); if you"re beginning to tires of slathering every solitary tree, or if you"re only looking for Munchlax, it deserve to be nice to have the ability to at the very least narrow it down somewhat an ext (but perform remember that since you only acquire to slather every tree as soon as every six hours anyway, it"s usually worth it to slather every tree fairly than simply sticking v the Munchlax trees you can determine from your trainer ID).

The last tip ns can provide you is just to be patient. Six hours seems prefer a mind-numbingly long time come wait because that one Pokémon, however you can manage at the very least three slatherings a day, and three slatherings of all the tree in the game means sixty-three love husband tree encounters within one day. You have a good chance of obtaining Heracross within two days this way. And also the inescapable subset the twelve Munchlax tree meet every day, if considerably slower, will certainly be quite most likely to end up gaining you a Munchlax in ~ a couple of weeks. Sooner if you"re lucky, for both of them. It"s no as hopeless together it seems.

See more: 1997 Toyota Camry Wiper Blade Size Chart, 1997 Toyota Camry Wiper Blades

To provide credit whereby it"s due, the simple mechanics of love husband trees were uncovered native the game program through Sabresite and SCV. After ~ I disputed their nonsensical rarity tables ~ above Bulbapedia, a_magical_me was the one who looked at the code again and also found your mistakes to check my experimental data native Platinum, and also discovering the distinction in tower 1 and also column 2"s rarities in between normal and Munchlax trees. Much later, xfix e-mailed me a tip about the opportunity of having only 3 Munchlax trees and how two Munchlax trees deserve to be figured out from the visible trainer ID. This ar would not exist or have accurate details without their hacking expertise.