The fractions having the same denominators are known as like fractions.
You are watching: Fractions that have the same denominator are called
We know that fractions such as 2/5, 3/5, 5/5, 7/5, 9/5, ….etc., are like fractions.
2. The same Numerator Fractions:
The factors having the same numerators are called the same numerator fractions.Fractions such as 2/5, 2/7, 2/9, 2/11, …………, etc., are same numerator fractions.
3. Unit Fractions:
The fractions having one (1) as their numerator are called unit fractions. 1/3, 1/5, 1/7, 1/9, …………, etc., are unit fractions.
4. Proper fractions:
A fraction in which the denominator is greater than the numerator is called a proper fraction. We can also say that a fraction with its numerator less than the denominator is known as a proper fraction.1/2, 2/3, 4/5, 5/6, 7/10, 9/11, 11/21, 35/45, ……….., etc., are proper fractions.
5. Improper Fractions:
A fraction in which the denominator is smaller than or equal to its numerator is called an improper fraction. We can also say that a fraction with its numerator greater than or equal to the denominator is known as an improper fraction.5/3, 9/5, 11/7, 17/8, 21/14, 19/15, …….., etc., are improper fractions.
6. Mixed Fractions:
When an improper fraction is written as a combination of a whole number and a proper number, it becomes a mixed fraction or mixed number.As: 6/5 = 5 + 1/5 = 5/5 + 1/5 = 1 + 1/5 = 11/511/2, 11/4, 23/4, 35/7, 51/9, ……….., etc., are mixed fractions.(All types of fraction may be categorized into three kinds, i.e., proper, improper and mixed fraction).
To know more details about Types of Fractions Click Here.
See more: Is Orange Juice Good For Plants, Does Orange Juice Affect Plants
Types of Fractions
● Fractionof a Whole Numbers
● Representationof a Fraction
● Propertiesof Equivalent Fractions
● Like andUnlike Fractions
● Comparisonof Like Fractions
● Comparisonof Fractions having the same Numerator
● Types ofFractions
● Changing Fractions
● Conversionof Fractions into Fractions having Same Denominator
● Conversionof a Fraction into its Smallest and Simplest Form
● Additionof Fractions having the Same Denominator
● Subtractionof Fractions having the Same Denominator
● Additionand Subtraction of Fractions on the Fraction Number Line
4th Grade Math ActivitiesFrom Types of Fractions to HOME PAGE