The DDC-Online post Test contains 25 questions pulled randomly indigenous the following financial institution of inquiries -QUESTIONS:1. The single most common cause of motor car collisions is not correct driving. True (correct)False FEEDBACK: This is a true statement. Improper steering is the single most common reason of motor vehicle collisions.
You are watching: Follow the four rs (read, right, reduce, and ride) when _____.
2. What is protective driving?driving to conserve lives, time, and money despite the conditions approximately you and the action of others. (correct)Following the rules of the road.Driving only once it is for sure to carry out so.Avoiding aggressive chauffeurs FEEDBACK: defensive driving deserve to be defined as driving to save lives, time, and also money, in spite of the conditions about you and the actions of others.
3. The three simple steps of the DDC Collision prevention Formula room ________.Prevent, Avoid, UnderstandAnalyze, Decide, ReactRecognize,_Understand,_Act_(correct)\">Recognize, Understand, action (correct)Reflect, Reframe, Refocus FEEDBACK: Recognize, Understand, and Act correctly over time are the three simple steps that the DDC Collision avoidance Formula.
4. The 3 stages that a collision include: 1. The auto Crash; 2. The person Crash; and 3. The external Crash.TrueFalse (correct) FEEDBACK: This is a false statement. The three stages that a collision include: 1. The vehicle Crash; 2. The person Crash; and also 3.The internal Crash.
5. In a collision, unbelted rear-seat residents can become high-speed projectiles striking people in the former seat. Together a result, the front-seat passenger’s hazard of death greatly increases.True (correct)False FEEDBACK: This is a true statement. In a collision, unbelted rear-seat occupants become high-speed projectiles striking human being in the front seat. Together a result, the front-seat passenger’s hazard of death greatly increases.
6. A person’s capability to journey safely have the right to be impaired by usage of details over-the-counter drugs?True (correct)False FEEDBACK: Yes, a person’s capability to journey safely deserve to be impaired through the use of certain prescription and also over-the-counter drugs. Because that instance, too much drowsiness, mental confusion, and also breathing an obstacle can an outcome from mixing alcohol and particular cough, cold, and also allergy medications.
7. Follow to one nationwide Highway website traffic Safety administration (NHTSA) study of multi-state fatal collisions, how many drivers had actually drugs various other than alcohol in their bodies?One in 5 (correct)One in sixOne in sevenOne in eight FEEDBACK: according to one national Highway traffic Safety administration (NHTSA) examine of multi-state deadly collisions, practically one in five vehicle drivers had drugs other than alcohol in their bodies.
8. Usage the ________ to save alert and also be prepared to clues hazards.“What If?” strategy (correct)Four RsDelayed acceleration techniqueRule the Thirds FEEDBACK: usage the “What If?” strategy to store alert and also be ready to clues hazards as soon as you room driving, look approximately at every the various other vehicles. Choose one and think around what that driver might do the could cause you a problem. “What if the driver to be to pull the end in prior of you? What would you do?” If we execute this block-by-block, mile-by-mile, this strategy will save us mentally alert and will additionally prepare us for the 3rd step of the DDC Collision prevention Formula, acting correctly, in time.
9. Security belts rise our possibility of making it through a collision by much more than _____ percent.20304050 (correct) FEEDBACK: safety and security belts boost our opportunity of making it through a collision by much more than 50 percent.
10. In a automobile equipped through an airbag, just how much space should there be in between the driver’s chest and also the center of the steering wheel?. PRETEST and also POSTTEST bank7 to 10 inches9 to 12 inches12 come 15 inch (correct)15 to 18 customs FEEDBACK: There have to be 12 to 15 inches in between the driver’s chest and the center of the steering wheel.
11 part physical conditions of a driver that can add to a collision include age, and also vision.True (correct)False FEEDBACK: This is a true statement. Age and also vision are some of the physical conditions of a driver that can contribute to a collision.
12. Of every the day-to-day driving problems we meet, we can only manage ourselves and also ________.The roadOur vehicle (correct)The lightThe traffic FEEDBACK: Of all the everyday driving problems we meet, we have the right to only manage ourselves and our vehicle.
13. In bad driving conditions, the very first steps we must take are to ________ and also ________.drive to the right; sluggish downDrive to the shoulder; stopSlow down; increase complying with distance (correct)Cover the brake; scan ahead FEEDBACK: In poor driving conditions, the very first steps we have to take space to slow down and also increase adhering to distance.
14. As soon as driving behind a big truck, if girlfriend can’t view the van two exterior mirrors, you room ________.complying with too closelyDriving in the driver’s remote spotUnable to scan the roadway aheadAll of over (correct) FEEDBACK: every one of the over are correct.
15. ________ is the recommended safe adhering to distance in great conditions.One secondTwo secondsThree secs (correct)Four seconds FEEDBACK: Three secs is the encourage safe adhering to distance in good condition.
16. ________ is the number one unsafe driving behavior that contributes to violations and also collisions.Right-of-wayImproper turnsFollowing also closelyToo much or unsafe rate (correct) FEEDBACK: Too much or unsafe speed is the number one unsafe driving actions that contributes come violations and collision.
17. Use the delay acceleration technique when ________.wait to go with an intersection (correct)Starting to pass one more vehicleWaiting to merge onto an expresswayAvoiding a head-on collision FEEDBACK: use the delay acceleration technique when waiting to go v an intersection.
18. Statistically speaking, where room your chances highest for a collision?In a parking lotAt one intersection (correct)On one expresswayOn a rural roadway FEEDBACK: Statistically speaking, your opportunities are highest possible for a collision when you are at an intersection.
19. As soon as approaching any intersection, the best way to protect against a collision is to ________.review the roadway aheadCover the brake and scan front (correct)Follow the three-second rule.Maintain speed and also cover the brake FEEDBACK: once approaching any kind of intersection, one way to avoid a collision is to cover the brake and scan the road ahead. Extending the brake means you will certainly be all set to react and also stop quicker in case of a hazard.
20. Before passing another vehicle, the an initial major step is come ________.examine blind spotsTurn top top the directional signalDecide if the pass is vital (correct)Divide the pass into thirds FEEDBACK: prior to passing one more vehicle, the very first major action is to decide if the pass is necessary. Check your adhering to distance. Space you at least 3 secs behind the vehicle in prior of you? Is that vehicle traveling at a reasonable speed? Next, inspect your speed. Will you need to boost to one unsafe speed, or end the legal border to pass or overtake another vehicle? answering “yes” to these questions means you probably do not need to pass.
21. Monitor the four Rs (Read, Right, Reduce, and also Ride) when ________.staying clear of a head-on collision (correct)Following too closelyApproaching one intersectionIncreasing complying with distance FEEDBACK: A head-on collision is the many fatal kind of collision. When one more vehicle is headed right at you, friend only have actually a couple of seconds to decision what to execute to acquire out that the way. The national Safety the supervisory board has arisen a lifesaving an approach for chauffeurs to use to protect against a head-on collision. The is called the four Rs: Read, Right, Reduce, and also Ride.
22. The is acceptable to rise the rate of your automobile over the legal speed limit to happen or overtake another vehicle top top the road.TrueFalse (correct) FEEDBACK: This is a false statement. The is never ever acceptable to boost the speed of your vehicle over the legal speed limit to pass or overtake one more vehicle top top the road. Speeding is a conscious selection made by drivers for which they space responsible. Drivers who choose excessive rate think they space taking control, yet just opposing happens. Higher speed reduces some physical manage of the vehicle’s steering and increases its protecting against distance. This means it reduces the time a driver has to avoid a collision and also increases the possibility for and also severity of the collision.
23. If it is raining and you are worn down while driving, how numerous seconds of complying with distance have to you use?TwoThreeFourFive (correct) FEEDBACK: If that is raining and also you are worn down while driving, girlfriend should include 5 seconds complying with distance. Using the 3-second adhering to distance rule, include at least 2 much more seconds to same 5 seconds complete following distance.
24. Zero-tolerance legislations prohibit the possession and use of alcoholic beverages by drivers and also vehicle citizens under the period of _____.161821 (correct)24 FEEDBACK: Zero-tolerance regulations prohibit the possession and use of alcohol addict beverages by drivers and vehicle inhabitants under age 21. Claims pass these laws to discourage alcohol usage by vehicle drivers under age 21. In various other words, castle are regulations intended to stop needless death and injury. Zero-tolerance laws administer that any kind of amount the alcohol in the human body of a driver under period 21 is one offense. The offender’s driver’s license may be suspended for a period of time or revoked.
25. If you space driving a car equipped through an anti-lock brake system (ABS), and the auto starts come skid, friend should: revolve the steering wheel __________________.In the direction you want the front of the auto to walk (correct)In opposing direction you desire the former of the automobile to goBack and forth in both directionsDo not rotate the steering wheel FEEDBACK: If you space driving a vehicle equipped through an anti-lock brake mechanism (ABS), and the car starts come skid, you should: rotate the steering wheel in the direction you desire the prior of the auto to go.
26. When you method a automobile using their high-beam lights, girlfriend should:Look come the center of the road.Turn on your high-beam lights.Look to the next of the road at the white line. (correct)Turn on your low-beam lights. FEEDBACK: once you technique a auto using their high-beam lights, you must look come the side of the roadway at the white line.
27. Statistically speaking, around how countless times in her life will certainly you be involved in a collision?TwoFourSix (correct)Eight FEEDBACK: Statistically speaking, you will certainly be affiliated in a collision at least six time in her life.
28. Because that every 10 miles every hour (16 kph) over 50 mph (80 kph), the hazard of death in a website traffic collision is doubled.True (correct)False FEEDBACK: This is a true statement. For every 10 miles per hour (16 kph) end 50 mph (80 kph), the hazard of death in a traffic collision is doubled.
29. The law clearly states i beg your pardon driver has actually the right-of-way.TrueFalse (correct) FEEDBACK: This is a false statement. When it concerns the right-of-way, the truth is the law provides no driver the right-of-way. Traffic regulations only state who need to yield the right-of-way. So, the old concept of “having” the right-of-way is wrong—so wrong that it have the right to kill you!
30. At 40 mph, what is this car’s reaction distance?30 feet33 feet40 feet44 feet (correct) FEEDBACK: Reaction distance is calculation by acquisition the first digit of your speedometer analysis (which in this situation is 4) and adding it to your total speed every hour (which in this situation is 40 mph). Based on this calculation, once traveling at 40 mph, your car’s reaction street is 44 feet.
See more: What Is A High Flat L An Area Of High Flat Land Is Known As, What Is A High Flat Land Called
31. You must use the high-beam headlights to see and also to be seen. Also in foggy conditions, usage the high-beam lightsTrueFalse (correct) FEEDBACK: This is a false statement. You need to use the LOW-beam headlights come see and also to be seen. Also in foggy conditions use the LOW-beam lights. High beams reflect the irradiate directly back into our eyes. This can impair our vision.